Páginas / Pages

jueves, 20 de febrero de 2014

Radio monographic report: the story of Jose Maria "El Tempranillo"

During my academic path, in order to get my Audio-Visual Communication Bachelor’s Degree in Malaga University, I had the opportunity of showing my skills on audio processing and radio several times. I could to link up both competencies in some of these opportunities, as in the case I show us today.

It was 2010/2011 academic year when I attended an elective subject called Modern and Contemporary Andalusian History. So, because of a mandatory task in this matter, I had the opportunity of present this audio that I am showing you today. My partners and me decided to approach the world of Andalusian banditry in the nineteenth century. However, while other students chose (very worthily, of course) to present an audio-visual production, usually as a documentary, we proposed to show an hardly ever used option in this degree: the radio monograph.
Thus, after an exhaustive investigation, my classmates and me offered a radio report in three parts, narrated by ourselves (in Spanish language), and including some musical tunes, most of them selected from composers who are framed in the Spanish musical nationalism of the late nineteenth century, as Falla and Granados.

What I am going to show us now is the third of these parts, in which I made the narration. It is, you might say, the most "dramatic" of the three parts, because it explains the life and events of one of the most famous and feared Andalusian bandits of those days: Jose Maria "El Tempranillo".
José María, "El Tempranillo".

As you will listen, I added to the mere information some theatrical character, inspired, as one would expect, in the figure of the famous, even if ill-fated, journalist Juan Antonio Cebrián, who delighted us every week with some 'Pasaje de la Historia (Passage of History)' from "La Rosa de los Vientos (The Wind Rose)" (magazine broadcasted by Onda Cero, Spanish radio station, and currently directed and presented by Bruno Cardeñosa) with this such a personal way that he had when told past events. I also took to develop one of my strengths: the sound atmosphere based on sound libraries, playing with perspectives, characters and spaces to imitate.

In closing, I must thank my friend Ruben Nuñez for providing some additional voices to the story. I hope you enjoy it. By the way, even if I don’t like to brag about it... this work was graded with an A qualification ;) See you next time!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario